I made this card for the following challenges:
1. CAS Mix Up Stamping + Ghosting + Your Choice
I used the same technique as demonstrated by Loll, except that I made two background papers in one time by flipping the all-wet stencil over the second distressed background paper. It is fun and saving time. The two water-stenciling or ghosting background papers are shown below.
My choice is watercoloring via wet brushing.
2. CAS Colours and Sketches #195
3. Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge – Nature
4. CAS Watercolor Challenge – Autumn
The watercolor butterflies were done simply by using wet watercolor brush to spread the distress colors.
5. Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
6. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Totally Resistible
7. Take It Make It Challenge: October Inspiration Autmnal (or Fall!) Creations
1.Stencil is by The Crafters’ Workshop. Butterflies are by Hero Arts and text is by Simon Says Stamp.
2.Text is heat embossed in white, then heavily covered by Distress Ink Black Soot, a typical Emboss Resist Technique.
Hope this card is eye-pleasing to you. Thanks for stopping by.
Here is another baby boy card for my subordinate. The card is also for the following challenges:
1. Fab Friday Challenge #97
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes
3. CASology Challenge Week #217 – Cute
My baby card does not look cute. But a baby is cute by any standard. So I think the card is still qualified. :)
4. That’s Crafty – All of a Sparkle Challenge
The glitters sparkle like diamonds. It's a pity the photo did not do it justice.
1. Baby clothes is by Stampin’ Up. Text and die cut are by Hero Arts. Stencil is by The Crafters’ Workshop.
2. Even though the card is clean and simple, I managed to applied embossing paste over a stencil, then sprinkled some ultrafine glitters over the paste. This made me feel artsy!
Hope you like this card. Thanks for stopping by.
This tag is for the following challenges:
1. STAMPlorations September Mixed Media Challenge
2. Take It Make It September Challenge - Take a Stamp Anything Goes
3. A Blog Named Hero- Texture Challenge
4. Happy Little Stampers September Mixed Media Challenge – Distress
5. Simon Says Monday Challenges – Powder Power
6. Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #28 - Rustic
7. Creative Artiste's Challenge 18 - Anything Mixed Media Goes
8. More Mixed Media Challenge - "Anything Goes" + Optional Brown
9. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday September 2016 - Use the colors RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, and/or BROWN
1. Mask and stencil are by Simon Says Stamp. Background and text are by Hero Arts.
2. I first stamped the background text, then applied several Distress Inks as background. I then sponged Distress Inks over the leave mask to create depth. I applied Embossing Paste over leave stencil, then covered with Distress Embossing Powder to create not just the texture but a rustic look.
When I was making this tag, I was thinking about my younger daughter who is a senior college student looking for a full-time job after graduation in next May. I could tell she has been under tremendous stress. “Life is an Adventure” is what I want to tell her. Hope the warm color scheme will warm her heart.
I am happy with what the tag came out. Hope you like it too.