I re-visited Watercolor Splatter Technique and made this card which will be entered into the following challenges:
1. CASology Week 116 - Splatter
2. Colour Me #41
3. Less is More #193 - One Layer Card, keeping it CAS and including 2 of something!
4. Virginia’s View Challenge # 8 Clean and Simple
5. Simon Says Use Watercolors
6. AAA Cards Game #24 Autumn Colors
1. I used Distress Stains and Hero Arts Daubers to create splattered flowers and used paint brush to create water droplets.
2. Text stamp is by Simon Says Stamp.
3. I actually did a step-by-step tutorial about this technique back in 2009. Please check out here.
I must say I am still trying to get familiarized with this kind of CAS style. I think it's not bad. What do you think?
Edited on 2014/11/08
This card was selected as one of the Top Three in AAA Cards Game #24 Autumn Colors. What an honor! Thank you, ladies!
This card is for my grand nephew! Boy, I can't believe I am this old!
I am happy for the young couple and wish the baby boy good health and cleverness.
This card is also for the following challenges:
1. Tag You’re It Challenge #8
2. Just Us Girls #262 Ombre Technique
3. Addicted to Stamps Challenge #116 – Anything Goes
4. Moxie Fab World Challenge - World Card Making Day Inspiration
Eveh though there are twelve colors in the palette, I simply chose one color and make it ombre. So glad I am able to enter on the last day of the challenge.
1. All stamps are by Stampin' Up.
2. Background and Chevron Embossing Folders are by Sizzix and Stampin' Up, respectively. Tag die cut is by Hero Arts.
I shall keep my YOUNG attitude even though I am entering the GRAND generation!
Thanks for stopping by. Wish you a happy and beautiful Sunday!
This is a card for a senior but I think it shall fit for ladies in all ages! I am also entering it into the following challenges:
1. CAS(E) this Sketch #96
2. Addicted to CAS Challenge #49 – Stencil
3. Just Us Girls #262 Ombre Technique
4. Seize the Birthday – Anything Goes Birthday
5. AAA Cards # 23 Play with Watercolors
6. Virginia’s View Challenge # 8 Clean and Simple
7. Simon Says Use Watercolors
1. I was happy re-visiting Tim's Ink Monoprint Technique.
2. Die cut is by Simon Says Stamp. Stencil is by The Crafter's Workshop. Embossing Folder is by Sizzix. Text stamp is by Hero Arts.
The ombre hearts are covered by clear Wink of Stella and are elegantly shiny. It is a pity that the photo did not do it justice!
I hope you like this card. Thank you for stopping by!
Before the weekend is ending, I decided to make a very simple and quick card, thanks to inspirations from the following challenges. I feel so delighted as I re-visited the Multicolored Stamping Technique and made such a simple yet colorful one-layer card!
1. Take It Make It Challenge: October! Multicolored Stamping Technique
2. CAS(E) This Sketch #95
3. Keep It Simple # 50 – Three
4. One Layer Simplicity Challenge # 10 – Turning to Fall
5. Virginia’s View Challenge # 8 – Clean and Simple
6. Hero Arts Holiday Challenge - White Out
7. Moxie Fab World- Celebrate World Card Making Day Blog Tour
All stamps are by Hero Arts.
If you like my card, please do let me know! Thanks!
Edited on 2014/11/08
I can't believe this simple card won recognitions from two challenge sites, namely Take It Make It Challenge October Multicolored Stamping Technique and One Layer Simplicity Challenge #10 - Turning to Fall. Thank you, DTs.
The latter's remark is as follows:
Helen’s card is just so wonderfully done with lots of white space and multicoloured leaves. Thank you, Karen!