Hi Stamping Friends,
It’s time to play along with Happy Little Stampers (HLS) Mixed Media Challenge again. The March Challenge Theme is Friendship. For more details and other DTs’ inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog. Anything mixed media could be linked up to our challenge as long as it follows our theme. Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE. If you use stamps by Happy Little Stampers and you are our random winner, your prize will be doubled!
Unlike general mixed media artworks that tend to have lots of textures, this tag has little texture, yet I managed to create lots of layers to enrich the visual effect. The following are how I made my tag.
1. Stamp text background (Hero Arts) on a glossy white tag.
2. Stamp floral stamps (Hero Arts) using VersaMark on text background. Heat to dry.
3. Apply Distress Inks to create VersaMark Resist effect.
4. Apply Distress inks over stencil (TWC) on tag to create tone-on-tone effect.
5. Overstamp floral stamps using Shadow Inks to create more layers.
6. Heat embossed sentiment (Paper Makeup) in black and apply Glitz Stickles on center of flowers to create texture.
Hope this tag is eye-pleasing and inspirational to you. Wish you a great day and thanks for stopping by.
Challenges to Enter
- More Mixed Media Challenge – Anything Goes Optional Green
- Mix It Up Challenge Blog MIUCB#11 – Anything Goes + Making Your Own Background
- We Love 2 Create Challenge #6 - Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
- Craft Stamper, Take It Make It March Challenge – Anything Goes Stamping Challenge
- A Inky Mess Challenge #18 – Anything Goes with Mixed Media
- Crafter’s Castle Challenge #3 – Anything Goes with the option to share your Favorite Technique